Lake Meredith National Recreation Area
The Canadian River cut 200-foot canyons through the plains of the Texas Panhandle, leaving space for the hidden oasis found at Lake Meredith National Recreation Area. For 13,000 years, humans have gathered here, seeking respite from the dry heat of the surrounding grasslands. Discover what makes this national park unique - from the American Indians, explorers, soldiers, ranchers, and settlers of yesteryear to the geology, plants, and wildlife found today - in the pages this National Park Service-approved book.
- Published by Western National Parks Association in 1993
- Written by Laurence Parent
- Photography by Laurence Parent
- Audience: adult, young adult
- Trim size: 9" x 9"
- Page count: 16 pages
- Binding style: saddlestitched
- ISBN-13: 978-1-877856-16-7