Guide to Hopi Katsina Carvings
For hundreds of years, Hopi carvers have given expression to their ceremonial life through powerful, artistic sculptures known as katsinas. Colorful photography throughout illustrates a sampling of the broad artistry associated with katsinas, along with the details of individual examples. The book explains the evolution of technique and touches on the exciting new directions taken by modern Hopi artists. 48 pages.
- By Rose Houk, photos by George H. H. Huey
- trim size: 4" x 6.25"
- ISBN: 978-1583690383
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Ancient Southwest$19.95
- Guide to Navajo Rugs$6.99
- Hopi Kachinas$14.95
- Indian Arts of the Southwest$19.95
- Southwest Art Defined$24.95
- Atlas of Indian Nations$45.00