Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
Told in lively and powerful verse by debut author Kevin Noble Maillard, Fry Bread is an evocative depiction of a modern Native American family, vibrantly illustrated by Pura Belpre Award winner and Caldecott Honoree Juana Martinez-Neal.
Fry bread is food.
It is warm and delicious, piled high on a plate.
Fry bread is time.
It brings families together for meals and new memories.
Fry bread is nation.
It is shared by many, from coast to coast and beyond.
Fry bread is us.
It is a celebration of old and new, traditional and modern, similarity and difference.
Winner of the 2020 Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal
A 2020 American Indian Youth Literature Picture Book Honor Winner
- ISBN-13: 978-1-626727-46-5
- Genre: Fiction
- Format: Hardcover
- Trim: 10 1/8" x 10 3/8"
- Page count: 48 pages
- Published by Roaring Brook Press in 2019
- Written by Kevin Noble Maillard
- Illustrated by Juana Martinez-Neal
- Audience: Children 2-6 years
- Essential Southwest Cookbook$18.95
- Bright Star$18.99
- Fatima's Great Outdoors$17.99
- Southwest Slow Cooking$16.95
- Hot Pepper Bread$11.99
- Cheri's Blue Corn Cookie Mix$19.99
- Healthy Southwest Table$22.95
- Taco Table$9.99
- Cheri's Indian Frybread Mix$19.99