Bubble rock is a natural mineral found in Utah. Its beautiful white crystals are the result of a reaction with vinegar. Similar geological reactions have created the fascintating formations that we see within caves throughout the world.
To watch your very own rock bubble grow, follow these simple instructions:
- Place your rock in a clear glass container
- Add just enough vinegar to barely cover your rock (Important: Use White Distilled Vinegar Only)
- For best results, keep out of direct sunlight
As the vinegar evaporates, bubble-like aragonite crystals will grow. This takes about 1-2 weeks. Once the rock is completely dry, your crystals become more stable. Note that the crystals are fragile, so handle with care.
- Natural Utah bubble rock
- Grow your own crystals replicating natural geologic processes
- Size: Approimately 3" x 3"